This policy relates to Our collection and handling of personal information that is covered by the Privacy Act. It is not intended to cover categories of personal information that are not covered by the Privacy Act.
Information We may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on Our site available from time to time. This includes information provided at the time of registering to become an investor or to apply for funding through Our site, subscribing to Our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you contact Us via Our site;
- if you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through Our site and of the fulfilment of your transactions; and
- details of your visits to Our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers. This is statistical data about Our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Our website uses Google Analytics and other Google services that transmit aggregate website traffic data. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage. In addition, we may activate Google Advertising features, which may collect data about Our website traffic via Google advertising cookies.
In addition, we may use re-marketing features to advertise Our website across the Internet, in particular on the Google Search and Display Network along with their partner sites. Google may display ads to you based on what parts of Our website you have viewed. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device.
We may use additional analytics tools to enhance contacts management, email distribution, heat mapping and sessions recordings. All sensitive data is kept confidential and/or anonymous were relevant and never used for individual identification purposes.
Where We store your personal data
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in Australia and overseas. In the event that any data is stored overseas, it may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for Us or for one of Our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Protection of data
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to deliver marketing and advertising content on Our site as well as on any of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, as described in our Cookies policy;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our products and services, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to Our services or products.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services and products which may be of interest to you and We or they may contact you about these.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as the case may be), as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
We do not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
- required by law;
- use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or one of our customers or in Our interests;
- some or all of Our assets or Our operations are or may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of Our business; or
- you give your consent.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, We do not sell or trade personal information to third parties, or allow such third parties to use that personal information.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Commitment to data security
Your personal identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors ( who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Access to information
We will provide access to personal information upon request by an individual, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted for Us to withhold this information (for instance, where granting access would infringe another person’s privacy).
When you make a request to access personal information, We will require you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s license or passport) so We can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates. In some cases We may also request an administrative fee to cover the cost of access.
If at any time you want to know what personal information We hold about you, you may contact us by writing to email@example.com.